Wednesday, July 30, 2008

And We Lived Happily Ever After....

Well, it's sad to say but our FAIRYTALE housing situation is coming to an end!
Our friends accepted an offer on their house a couple of weeks ago and Matt, Quinton and I are moving AGAIN this weekend! This will mark our fourth address change in 2 years and our 7th move in 8 years, not too shabby, eh?????
I will be a little sad to leave but a little relieved that I won't have to run around the house and clean everytime the phone rings, thinking it's a realtor! Quinton will be SUPER bummed when he can't take a bath in the Master bath - swimming pool - tub anymore. I think Matt is happy wherever he is so I think he's going to be A-O-K.
Goodbye 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, big basement, giant kitchen with a double oven and sub zero!


And here is our new house!
We'll be renting for a while until we have a better idea of how long we will be in Chicago. The housing market is pretty slow here so we think it better to rent than buy at this time. We are REALLY lucky that our new landlords are letting us paint and pull up yucky carpets to discover hardwood floors in need of TLC. I can't take another sterile rental, so I am putting my personal touch where I can and I think this place will be PERFECT for us for the next year or so.

If you need our new address, just email me!

8 comments:

rachel said...

The new house is so dang cute! I am sure you will love it where ever you are too! I am excited to see you!

Sarah S said...

I'm glad you're sticking around this area!! Your new place looks so cute.

Melisa said...

Wow, that is a LOT of moving! What a woman! Your new place looks adorable! Brad wants to take a train down there before it gets too cold, so I'll keep you posted.

Tricia Bowen said...

good luck on your next move!!!! The new house looks so cute and I'm sure you'll make it "YOURS" in no time at all!!!

Shana said...

You Harkers are some busy people! That is A LOT of moving! Kind of exciting and fun to change it up every so often though. I get kind of sick of where I live every now and again. Namely, right now, since it is so dang hot! :)
Take Care!

Shana said...

You Harkers are some busy people eh?
How exciting to get to change it up now and again. I know I'd like to sometimes. I'm getting to sick of this hot sticky weather we are having here in the OK.
:) Take Care.

Tara said...

What a great place! What is your new address? Also Jason wanted to call you guys the other day and asked if I had your phone #. Has your ph# changed?

Tara said...

What a great place! What is your new address? Jason wanted to call you guys the other day and asked me if I had your ph#. Do you have a new #?

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...