Diaper Diaries
Day #765
This is my last-minute effort to update the blog before I go on vacation tomorrow! Wooohooo!
I really should be in bed since Quinton and I have a big day of traveling, tomorrow, but I just have to post before we leave and I have some really cute pictures to add!
The last couple of weeks have been busy as ever.
My work really had me hopping just after we returned from Matt's parent's farewell in Utah. Plus, I came home with a sinus cold that became walking pneumonia...at least it was the walking kind, instead of the hospitalized pneumonia like I had just after Quinton was born. Apparently I am more susceptible to pneumonia, in any variation, since my bout with it 2 years ago...lucky me!
Plus, Matt has been traveling a little bit. This month, besides Utah, he's been to Boston, Vancouver, D.C., Phoenix (tonight) and Ft. Lauderdale on Friday to meet up with us in Florida for the cruise we set sail on Saturday! I get dizzy just thinking about all of those flights!
My lovely grandparents had the fantastic idea of sharing a cruise with anyone of their family members who wanted to go with them, so a bunch of us are heading out on Saturday for a 5-night cruise to the Cayman Islands and Jamaica! I am so excited, I can barely type straight! Quinton even has a passport for this adventure! I'll have to scan his passport photo and post it another day because he looks really cute!
Amidst all this excitement, though, we have been able to have fun going to pumpkin patches and playing with friends at the park. The weather has really cooled down this week and it's wonderful to feel fall in Tulsa! Quinton looks very cute these days in his jeans and long sleeves...it seems like just last week he was in shorts and t-shirts...oh, wait, it WAS last week!
Quinton is so much his own personality these days. He loves to repeat words he hears Matt and me say, which is not always a good thing! He has never really walked from point A to B, Quinton is
a runner, wherever he's going. Before you think he's angelic or something, I do have to say Quinton is NOT the best shopper at the supermarket. He hates sitting in the cart and has about a 60 second threshold for the minutiae involved in going through my grocery list. It's easy to follow our trail, though, through the entire store...it usually consists of Round 1's french fry bribe, then Round 2's lollipop bribe, all the way down to Round 103's Mommy-Dancing-Like-A-Monkey-In-The Register-Line dance! Seriously, I relish the days when Matt's in town and I can grocery shop solo! I can't say that I'd trade any of it, though. I love it when Quinton smiles, I love it when he gives me a kiss for no reason other than he loves us unconditionally (although lollipops do help)!
Today, I told him he can't grow up anymore...his response: he pointed to me and said "No, mommy!" - Sad, but true.
We also had Quinton's 2nd Birthday pictures taken today. They turned out very cute so I have to share, enjoy!
Stacy
4 comments:
Those pictures are so adorable! How fun to be going on a cruise! I'm jealous, though I know that is a sin. :) Have a blast.
I know how it feels going it alone. Sorry. It is tough. Grocery shopping is my least favorite. I was just saying the other day that I'd rather starve than take my kids to the store.
Stacy,
I found your blog from someoone else's link--I can't believe how big your little boy is! You guys look like you're doing well! We're still in Chicago and will probably be so for a few more years. If you're ever back here, let us know!
melissa
those pictures are so cute!
such cute pictures!!
Post a Comment