When we found out that we might be moving to Mobile, Alabama for a job offer, I went to Wikipedia to find out more about the city we could potentially be calling home. One of the first things I remember reading about Mobile is that it hosted the first ever Mardi Gras...yes, Mobile originated Mardi Gras in the U.S., not New Orleans... who knew?
I didn't know much about Mardi Gras except the drunken salacious images I'd seen in various movies depicting the New Orleans version of Mardi Gras. So to say I was sceptical of our participation in any kind of Mardi Gras celebrations would be an understatement. I did notice, however, that on Wikipedia, Mobile touted itself as the 'family friendly' Mardi Gras destination.
Two Saturdays ago, we ventured out to our first Mardi Gras parade and it has been love at first beads ever since! Our first parade was in downtown Mobile and we were a little worried about parking, the crowds and well, everything else! As it turns out, parking was easy (and FREE - take that Chicago) and the crowds were super nice!
It didn't take Quinton very long to discover that this was a very different kind of parade we'd ever been to because the swag was so awesome!
This is only a fraction of Matt's new jewelry collection!
We met up with some new friends from church and had another fantastic time at the parades!
Matt snapped this picture of me pandering in an oh-so-lady-like fashion for beads, stuffed animals, moon pies, frisbees and whatever else the krewe had to throw.
I dragged Matt and the boys to another parade Tuesday night. I about peed my pants when I took a closer look at Sawyer in this picture - I hope I don't offend anyone! That kid...
Get ready!
2 comments:
your boys are getting so dang big! too cute and looks like mardi gras is where it's at! :)
Lots of fun! That pic of Sawyer flipping the bird is HILARIOUS!
Post a Comment