Thursday, May 14, 2009

Birthdays, Mother's Day and Other Days

I must admit I've been pretty lazy about the whole blog thing. As the temperatures are getting warmer, I find that it's more fun to go out and play on the trampoline than blog.
Can you blame me?

So here are a few pictures from the past month or so:

Of course Quinton was DYING to see Monsters vs. Aliens the weekend it came out and Matt and I were happy to oblige.

Here are Matt and Quinton being goofy:

I had a very fun birthday in April. One of the things I like best about my birthday is the phone calls I receive from all of my family and friends (even if it is a week later, Rachel!). The funny thing was that Quinton hijacked a bunch of my birthday calls. This is Quinton talking to my dad, aka Silly Grandpa. On my Blackberry, I have pictures of people that pop up when they call so Quinton thinks that when people call on my Blackberry, that they can SEE him. So here Quinton is showing Silly Grandpa the bday present I received from my little sister, Jessi.


Later that evening we had a few friends over for a chilly BBQ outside.
To top it off, we had my favorite, ice cream cake! Perfect when it's like 52 degrees outside!

This is Quinton trying to bring my balloons in the house. It was really funny to watch him try to open the door and pull the balloons in at the same time.


Mother's Day was fabulous!

Quinton and Matt made me my favorite crepes:

Nutella, strawberries, bananas and whip cream

and Turkey with spinach, swiss and ranch...oh so yummy!


At church, they had the children get up and sing two songs for the moms. This was Quinton's first time singing up in front of everyone and I really wasn't sure how he would do but it true Q form, he did awesome!

When Quinton found s spot in front, he waved to me and when they sang, even though he didn't know all of the words he moved his mouth and bobbed his head to the music. It was the BEST Mother's Day present, ever!

And this was Mother's Day dinner with our friends.
We hope you all had a great Mother's Day as well!
Stay tuned for vacation pictures in t-minus 2 days!!!!

1 comment:

Beckie said...

hooray! I am glad we got to spend Mom's day together. And thanks for my fun K!!!

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...