Diaper DiariesDay #?? 731, I guess!
Nothing says Happy 2nd Birthday, Quinton, more than hot crepes on a Sunday morning! That's how Quinton started out his birthday anyway. He woke up like it was any other morning and pretended like he wasn't a whole year older than he was this time last year...he's funny that way, very humble kid.
We were so lucky to have my dad visiting for the weekend, as well as a friend of ours from Chicago who has since moved to Utah, Evan Christensen. The birthday festivities started on Saturday with my dad and Evan arriving into Tulsa and then partying at a BYU tailgate bash in preparation for the BYU vs. TU game. I am on the alumni committee so I spent the whole
tailgate working and running around but my dad assures me that Quinton didn't miss me a bit while he was flirting with all the girls in the crowd! It ended up that I was too tired to go to the game and Quinton was fading fast, as well, so we went home after the tailgate party and Matt, my dad and Evan went to the game.
tailgate working and running around but my dad assures me that Quinton didn't miss me a bit while he was flirting with all the girls in the crowd! It ended up that I was too tired to go to the game and Quinton was fading fast, as well, so we went home after the tailgate party and Matt, my dad and Evan went to the game. Unfortunately, BYU lost to Tulsa but I didn't mind too much since Quinton and I were passed out by the time the game ended.
Sunday morning, Matt made delicious crepes with Evan's help on the crepe griddle. We even had 4 or 5 different toppings that made Quinton's birthday morning not one to forget. After breakfast we took our guests down to the Arkansas River for a nice walk and then headed home to get ready in time for church. At church, Quinton's nursery class sang him happy birthday. One girl was pointing a little TOO exuberantly at Quinton during the "Happy birthday to YOU" portion of the song, which in turn caused Quinton to cry by the end of the serenade. Oh well, celebrity is not for everyone, I supposed. After getting home from a long day of playing and church, Quinton fell comfortably asleep in his Grandpa Mark's lap while watching Toy Story 2. He proceeded to take a much-needed nap while we enjoyed his birthday chocolate chip cookie pie a la mode! 

When Quinton woke up, he was able to open a few presents and enjoy a cool evening walk before taking a bath and calling it a day. It's lazy days like this that I love!
Too bad the party had to come to an end! This morning, Quinton was rudely awakened at the early hour of 6 am to take my dad, Evan and Matt to the airport. My dad and Evan went back to Salt Lake City while Matt heads to Boston for the whole week. Don't worry, though, Matt will be home in time for Quinton's REAL birthday bash on Saturday when we have a party worthy of a two-year old with plenty of cake, ice cream, hot dogs and pinata candy!
Until then, Enjoy the pictures!

2 comments:
Yeah Quinton!
First off, love the ode to the Carpenters. Now I can't get "Rainy days and Mondays always get me down" out of my head!
The cell phone in the subwoofer was too funny. I never would have found it!
Big bummer about BYU losing. My dad had the audacity to accuse me of being glad Tulsa won. The nerve. I reminded him that I will always bleed blue. We don't have cable and no one here gives a hoot about BYU, so it wasn't on TV, but I did follow as best I could on the internet.
Yeah Matt, for completing a marathan! Yeah Stacie, for supporting him in such a time consuming endevor!
Oh, the weather in Tulsa. A month after moving here we had a tornado. How ridiculous is that? I live in tornado alley for 7 years and the closest I get to a tornado is in MI?! Glad you are safe and had minimal damage. (We ended up with a lake in our backyard that got into our basement).
Anyway, this is probably too long, but I really loved the updates. Hope to hear more soon!
Yumm-o! I want to come and have breakfast at the Harkers. You guys make such yummy food. i could go for your enchilada caserole (or whatever it's called) ok, anything you all make it's always so yummy.
I also can not believe that Mr. Q is 2! Where does the time go!!!
Hey, when do you come to Chicago???
Post a Comment