Thursday, September 6, 2007

Q almost 2...

Diaper Diaries
Day #713

Matt got back from his vacation to Utah last Saturday. My mom left to go back to Florida the Thursday prior to that (despite Quinton and I BEGGING shamelessly for her to stay). We were SO excited to have Matt back home, Unfortunately for Matt, all of that playing on Lake Powell left him with an ear infection and then a ruptured ear drum. Tonight he was pleasantly surprised when he could hear out of his affected left ear. He had a couple of painful nights but he now seems to be on the mend, thanks to antibiotics.

The nights are getting cooler and we are grateful for that. We now love to play with the rest of the neighborhood even after the street lamps turn on since it so nice and enjoyable outside. It is often now, that about 5 minutes after Matt arrives home, there is a knock on the front door...the neighbor kids wanting to know if Matt and Quinton can come out to play. There is a basketball hoop set out right in front of our driveway where the kids like to play a basketball. The funny thing is that there is a high school basketball coach about 4 doors down from us and he is TALL. It's a lot of fun to watch him play with these little kids who all have to crane their necks at a 45 degree angle to see to the top of him. He's a good sport and let's the kids win sometimes (and Matt, too).

Quinton is talking more everyday. He often repeats the words I say (so I have to be a little more careful these days). Still, he loves to say cookie, potty, DADDY, momma, pool, more, park and many more words. He amazes Matt and me to no end with his tight hugs and sweet-as-honey-kisses. Even when he's in trouble, he can always kiss and hug his way back into my good graces in no time at all. What can I say, I am a sucker!

Quinton and I went to have his passport picture taken this week, too. We are getting ready to go on a cruise in October so Quinton has to have his passport for our trip. Once I receive his passport, I'll have to scan the picture and post it on here because it's too cute! Just before Matt left for vacation, he mentioned Quinton's hair was too long so I convinced my mom to help me cut Quinton's hair into a Mohawk before Matt got home from work. It turned out so awesome! Even the ladies at the grocery store have to stop and stare at him these days when it's spiked!

Besides work, I am busy trying to put together Quinton's birthday party. The weekend of his birthday, my dad will be in town for a BYU vs. University of Tulsa football game. It's the first time BYU has played here in 12 years so it's a big deal. Plus, I'm on the tailgate party committee so it'll be a busy weekend. We'll actually be having Quinton's birthday party the following Saturday, the 22nd. He's going to have a Disney CARs themed-birthday. Nothing too fancy: hot dogs, pinata, 20 of Quinton's best friends, cake, ice cream, candy...you know, the usual. It should be lots of fun and of course, I'll have tons of pictures to prove just how fun it was!

Other big news is that Matt's parents have received their mission call for our church. They will be heading to Duluth, Minnesota in October, I think. It is great news for Matt's mom, Wanda, who was wondering if they'd be going somewhere that she can still bring her sewing machine. Wanda is one of the best quilters I know and it's more than just a hobby for her, it's what makes her happy (besides her grand kids, of course). We are really excited for them and look forward to going out to Utah for their farewell.

That's about all for now. Let us know what you are up to!
Best,
Stacy

1 comment:

MarkJRussell said...

What a great picture of Matt's folks! They'll make GREAT missionaries!!

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...